A Brief History
An obsession is born...
Goldsmith & Young was formed in 1980 by John Goldsmith in order to provide a "trade" platform to restore and then race his own Series Five DB4 Vantage, which was one of six DB4' originally supplied by the factory with a GT engine fitted.
By the time the project was completed John was hooked! The hobby became a full time business as word spread and more and more people asked for work to be done on their Aston Martins.
From this modest start Goldsmith and Young has today become one of the leading Aston Martin Restoration and Race Preparation Specialists in the world, and is helping to promote the Aston Martin Legend.
Goldsmith & Young is in business to provide the discerning Aston Martin owner with a professional, discreet and cost effective service which could cover any of the following activities:
- Routine Servicing
- Full or partial Restoration
- Engine Re-Manufacture (using our own Dynamometer)
- Race Preparation
- Car transportation and Storage
- Parts Supply
- Specialist Machining and Welding
- Performance and Safety enhancing improvements
- Accident repair work
- Pre-purchase inspections and reports
- Circuit race tuition by qualified instructor